Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sequoias

So on Thrusday morning we left for the Sequoias. My mom Coyles and I all in the front seat of the suburban and the entire back full of stuff. It took about 5 hours to get there but that included a stop to get groceries. We went with 42 other people from church, haha today there were a lot of people missing from church lol. The trip itself was actually fun. Coyles and I got to sleep on an air mattress which was nice except the first night we had our heads downhill and that with the moving of the matress made me a little motion sick lol. On Friday we hiked well 1/2 way to the waterfall to this kewl place that was rocks and water and kind of natural water slides, cept I did not have my bathing suit...dang nabit, oh wells the water was freezing cold. The walk up there was just beautiful full of greens and flowers and huge trees. I love what Heavenly Father has created for us to look at its just gorgeous. The camping itself was not bad bc there were so many trees that it was not hot at all in the shade. The only bad part was the huge nasty ants! The next day we went to Moro Rock and Crystal Cave, I was beyond excited for the cave. That is one of the things I have always wanted to do, go explore a cave, although I am still waiting to go actually into the remote areas with a small group I may do it next year. There are only 6 people and its 4 hours of spelunking or however you spell that, way fun but you have to get tickets way in advance and its 125 a person but Im doing it. ( There are a few certain things I have always wanted to do swimming with the dolphins which i did in hawaii, go in a cave which i did in the sequoias now whats left is: scuba dive a ship wreck, go to an underwater cave, african safari, touch a baby leopard and some other things) Anways the cave was mind boggling it was 1.2 million years old and just wow!! Ther turned off all the lights and you couldnt even see your hands or the person next to you, udder darkness crazy! The formations in the cave were spectacular, something you have to see for yourself! But yah just amazing I am so glad I was able to see them. The whole trip I was up at like 6am yuck. Why is that whenever you go camping you wake upwith the sun and have to pee. Then you have to get outta your warm sleeping bag and walk to the abthrooms in the cold lol. The first morning Coyles and I got up and walked around which was fun. We played a lot of games and cooked fun foods in the dutch ovens it was a great trip. I was actually cold a lot of the time which is weird bc i usually never ever get cold... yah. I was not very prepared becuase I just had nice clothes which I had brought for the cruise not camping attire lol. We left this morning around 11 and now I'm home yuppers.

1 comment :

me said...

One of these days we gotta finish your list of wonderful things to do...like go spelunking together. Well, maybe we shouldn't finish your list completely because I'm sure you'll meet mister right one day and will wish he had helped you complete your list. That'd be so much more fun!