Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Roommate

So.... there has been the problem of starting new in Utah with all new friends and a new place of residence..not anymore.. my best friend for the past 12 freaking years miss Tawnie is going to move to Utah and live with me. I am very excited, we do have our moments and where we do not get along but that is normal and with both of us working full time jobs its not like we will be all up in eachothers faces that often. I am so excited to have a friend to go to church and institute and Fhe with this is going to be awesome plus with her at my side I can meet a lot of new people, as for our place of residence that is still undecided. Very few places still have openings and so we have to act quickly but it is hard from being way out here in Cali. On top of that I have to be moved outta my old apt by Aug 15th but I cant move into a new apt til the very end of August cuz school starts so late...so yah that is going to be a huge problem! eek! oh well. Haha. I am having a hard time deciding where to move though and Im praying but the answer has just not come yet..hopefully soon. As for Equador that may be postponed til May but I dont feel comfortable with that. I do not want to work somewhere for a year then go, I feel confused about that I want to go explore then go back to school not wait around for a year doing nothing I feel the pressures of having to have some huge career and a lot of money but for heavens sake I just barely turned 20 and am done with college Im way ahead of the gang. I am still considering dental school but to tell you the truth I am so scared of it.

My dad is still convinced that I am going to be getting married next summer.. to.. well a guy he knows and likes haha too bad the guy doesnt know about his plan lol. But yah I dont see that happening. First a guy would have to like me which doesnt happen often second I have no real desire to get married for a really long time. But oh wells its not something that is a big priority on my mind if the right guy and the right time comes along im down for it but I am not in any way one of those dumb provo girls who goes to BYU at 18 to find a guy to marry and have 3 kids by the time they are 21...HECK NO! infact i despise those kind of people its so ridiculous. The most ridiculous thing about Provo is the get engaged like after one week of dating there is no way to know someone that well to make such a huge decision so fast..lame! whatever. Anyways I have to keep on this apt hunting. I am using my moms new lap top it is quite exciting. Now we have 4 lap tops..yah kinda a lot haha.

TOnight I am going ice skating with Coyles and JOn that should be fun I have not been in a super long time. Oh and I went to the doctor yesterday for the first time in 10 years..the night before my back started to hurt... right where my kidney is then I couldnt sleep and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor in my moms office crying because of the literal back stabbing pain I had.. probably some of the worst pain I have ever felt so she loaded me up on advil and some other drugs and finally about 2 am I fell asleep on the couch. Yah it was not fun and I still hurt hopefully I am all better by Monday cuz we are going to Europe for 2 weeks. that in itself is a blessing I am so grateful for. Not many people get this chance of a lifetime. I mean a trip like this is costing an arm and a leg upwards of 25,000. That is a heck of a lot of money. Im glad my parents know how to save and make things like this possible. Being able to travel and see other cultures and see the beauty of other countires is breath taking. When I talk to friends they are like oh my family went camping or to a water park for vacation Im like oh we are going to Europe hahaha. But seriosuly I have been so blessed to beable to travel I mean this year alone we went to New York now Europe then camping lol. I really have been a lot of very fun places. Last year we did not do anything we were waiting for new York the year before we went on a cruise to Mexico and my sister got to bring 2 friends and I got to bring my boyfriend well I guess he wasnt technically by the time of the trip but oh well, the year before that we got to go to Hawaii and I was able to fulfill my life long dream of swiming with the dolphins! The years before that we went to Alaska and got to climb glaciers and before that we went to the mall of America for a week just to do back to school shopping.. yah haha a little ridiculous but fun.. my sister was the one who picked that vacation. But anyways it has been awesome. I love this world lol. I really do want to experience it all before I die. I hope that my job or husbands can allow us to travel all over the world for a few years before we have kids. I do not want kids for a while. anwyays yes thats my tangent.

1 comment :

me said...

That's spiffy! You have seen Mexico and New York. You have lived in California and in Utah. You go to see Europe and the Sequoias for summer! Awesomeness! I can't emphasize how great it is that you are doing all of this traveling and exploring of the world right now, because as you mentioned who knows if "[your] job or husbands can allow [you] to travel all over the world for a few years before [having] kids." I remember those pains you were having. That was horrible because not too long after your sides were hurting you went to Europe and came back with the flu. What a way to spend your traveling time, right? I remember us going ice skating too. Too bad someone had to flake out on our adventure. It was probably for the best...because now I can recall my first time ice skating was with a friend and not someone who was probably pushing us into the ice...eep!