Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Prayers

Man oh man have I learned about prayers this last week.
So two weeks ago Sunday I decided I needed to pray about me and Joshua. I had been struggling all week with bad feelings about our relationship but I really felt that I loved him and could make things work. Maybe it was just a phase?
I prayed, God said no.
God are you sure? God said no again.
God, maybe I am just interpreting these answers wrong, are you saying no? Or can I make this work? Bad feelings still.
God if you want Josh and I to break up he is either going to have to do something so terrible that it makes it easy for me to dump him or you are going to have to have him break up with me. Saturday he broke up with me.
Fastest and clearest answer to a prayer I have ever had.
I felt like Martin Harris and the plates, I am just glad that God did not say oh yah go ahead keep dating him and see what happens.
Even though I got such a clear answer it has still been hard. Yah yah yah we weren't together that long but I fell too fast for that kid, bad move.
And truthfully I think what is bugging me is that I waited until he broke up with me, I shoulda done it while I had the ball in my court.
Only thing my mom said was does Josh sing or play the guitar? No. Well then he just wasn't for you. Lol she knows me a little too well.
Anywho, so I learned more about interpreting prayers and that you may not always get what you want, what you think you need, what sounds right to you because guess what that may not be what the Lord has in store.

I have been struggling with singles ward lately. Erica and I go but whenever we go to activities all the other girls from our ward form circle and clicks and then we get the evil eye. Erica even ventured to talk to two girls on Sunday. The first is moving and the second got up and left right after we talked to her. Strike out.
When I was dating Joshua I got nothing but dirty looks from the girls, why are girls so mean!?
My mom says our problem is that we are competition.
I say damn straight we are two hot mamas! lol
Anyway we got to listen to another talk on Sunday about marriage and dating and how it is the most important thing we can do, imagine that a talk in singles ward about marriage.. that's a new one.

I am done with student teaching this week! I am excited because it will give me more time to focus on school but it will be sad to leave.
I love teaching so much! I get so excited when I think of perfect lessons for my kids or how much they are going to love an acivity we are doing.
Last week I did a unit on a story called Buffalo Hunt. I, excuse me, my parents builed a full size replica of an Indian Tipi (boy do I have a great appreciation for those Indian women, that was hard work)
Well I was able to teach my students in small groups outside in the tipi around the fire as we sat on buffalo rugs! It was sooo much fun! Then my students were able to illustrate their expository paragraphs on the tipi walls using Indian symbols. So much fun.

I am tired. Goodnight.

2 comments :

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Hi! I didn't know you blogged. Just remember...you'll always have eachother. Erica I mean.

Anonymous said...

Jessica!! How are you? You need to push Erica into getting a blog. I will see you probably in a week, that is if I dare go to the singles ward, I am not so sure I want to go now. Hang in there.